Tuesday, February 3, 2009

geh, arima

Besides fashion and literature (more on that to come) I am obsessed with anime. OBSESSED. I watch fansubs (orignal japanese anime with english subtitles done by bilingual fans) to the point that I've picked up a good deal of Japanese. Anime is a fascinating medium, I've seen some of the best love stories and greatest action in really good anime. I promise to get back to some fashion and to finally document my DIY's eventually, but since this blog is about what makes me tick, today is anime day

Some of the first anime I ever saw was on Adult Swim, in particular Inuyasha and Trigun. If you've never really watched much anime, you could do much worse than to start with these two. Sesshomaru and Vash the Stampede are two characters after my own heart.


If you're like me and have watched so much good and bad anime that you're constantly on the search for something new and mindblowing here are some suggestions:

Best overlooked romantic oldie: His and Her Circumstances: By the same director as Neon Genesis with the same mangaesque style incorporating art and the written word. Beautiful, honest and haunting. Watch the first 5 episodes here.

Best hilariously random: Azumanga Daioh. Brilliant and makes me rofl everytime I watch it. It's so hard to explain because it's so darn random but watch 2 episodes and thank me later.

Best recent: Code Geass. I'm still in the midst of watching season 2 of this, but it's soooooooooo good I had to put it on here. The art, the plot, Lelouch, all of it is mindblowing. I could only find a pretty horrible quality video of episode one since it's being taken down due to copyright nonsense, but this anime is so gorgeous and compelling you must watch it in it's full quality which you can get by going here.

I'm going to do lots more anime posts in the future, and for all those who don't like anime at all, how sad for you... ^_^

No comments: